1) Getting up at 4am on sunday is standard practice.
2) You can't switch on anything electrical without a credit card sized piece of plastic.
3) getting 2 days off in a row is like a having a 2 week vacation.4) You uses abbreviations and acronyms for EVERYTHING, like DM, PMS, MOD, C & E, F & B, HR, FOM etc...
5) Your stomach, now used to eating staff canteen food, is capable of swallowing ANYTHING!
6) Your day somehow doesn't seem complete without someone yelling at you in full view of the rest of the hotel, convinced they are right about everything, when in actuality they are so wrong its untrue.
7) People assume you know the answer to everything, when actually you just came on shift 5 minutes ago.
8) You were supposed to finish work a 5pm, but its 5.30 and you're still here.
9) Your bank is NEVER balanced.
10) You learn, VERY QUICKLY, to never, EVER, f**k with the person who handles your food!
11) Back to Backs, double and split shifts are the norm.
12) Minibars are NOT REFRIDGERATORS!!!!!!!!!!
13) Minibars are AUTO CHARGING AND WEIGHT SENSITIVE!!
14) Guests do not grasp the concept of nos 12 and 13!
15) Conference and Events never has the same staff working on two consecutive parties, as all of the staff are hired on a shift by shift basis.
16) At least one person will complain about the fact their debit card has a mysterious charge on it, which takes 8 days to clear. But of course we did ask for a CREDIT card on check in!!
17) No matter how hard you try to explain that the room type was REQUESTED, NOT GUARANTEED, the guest always expects to get a Non Smoking, King Size Bed with a view!!1
8) Air conditioning is ALWAYS noisy. No matter how far from the unit the room is, someone can hear it rattling.
19) See number 10, but replace food with Laundry!
20) Guests insist on splitting the bill so that the "movies" they order are not on the same credit card.
21) Office politics are more OTT than real politics.
22) your social life revolves entirely around work nights out, since that's the only guaranteed time off you get to go out and get wasted!!
I found this on Facebook and highlighted the parts that apply to me this year. The previous years more were true.