Work is great. So far it’s easy, nothing I can’t handle or haven’t seen yet. The guests are all polite and manageable and there haven’t been any major screw ups by me or anyone yet. I have been reading some of my previous posts about my time in “Mystique”. I can’t believe some of the things that happened to me. I think that now because of my previous experience I am feeling a lot more relaxed and confident.
I don’t know if I mentioned it before but 2008 was a very bad year for me. I accepted a post that seemed perfect in paper but was actually the job from hell! I had a boss who was unreasonable to put it mildly. He “liked” me (though not sexually, thank God he was gay) so he decided to “educate” me by throwing all sort of impossible tasks to me. There was a point when he seriously told me that after working for him for several months I should be able to read his mind and he wouldn’t have to explain himself so much. I realize now that I should have walked in the first 3 months like everybody else instead of hanging on and trying for 12. But that is all in the past.
This season I have set certain goals. There are things I wish to do this year and I operate better when I make lists. This season’s resolutions are:
- I will try Chinese food (done)
- I want to find my own apartment (done)
- I want to eat at a gourmet restaurant (done)
- I want to visit the red and white beach of Santorini as well as explore Pyrgos and Exo Gonia
- I will learn how to cook
- I want to get my driver’s license and a car
- I want to register at least 100 books in Bookcrossing.com
- I want to travel abroad. London is my first stop. I really wish to visit the British museum. Rome and Paris are my second and third options but I don’t think I will have the money or the time to do all.
- I want to learn a second foreign language. I’m thinking Spanish because it’s easy and it would be a great advantage to my line of work.
Well that’s all for now.