Sunday, January 05, 2020

The Other Half of Happiness by Ayisha Malik

The Other Half of Happiness (Sofia Khan Book 2)

The Other Half of Happiness by Ayisha Malik
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

#Readathon2020 - eBooks

My Readathon 2020 so far

So, I read this book because it is a sequel and I had to find out what happens next. It is mediocre. It has some funny moments but on the whole, it is quite predictable. The male protagonist, converted to Islam so he could marry a hijabi girl. Predictably, it didn't work out. Their differences were too great, however in Islam he found peace, so he ditched the girl but kept Muhammad. It makes absolutely no sense to me. It seems like wishful thinking n the part of the author who is very Muslim through and through.

Being an atheist myself and raised in a household of religious apathy, I cannot empathise at all. But maybe that is just me and other readers will judge the characters and the book in general with more leniency. 

Get your copy from Amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment