Saturday, March 03, 2012

London calling #1

It's been a while since I have posted anything personal on this blog but it's time for me to say a few things. First things first, I left Athens and relocated in London. Since I moved in this country I think it's best if I write in English from now on as a sign of respect for the country that welcomed me.

Summer of 2011 was a very lousy one for me. After a lot of searching, I managed to find a seasonal 'job' (please notice the ''marks). The difference was of course in the search. Every year is worse than the one before. employers ask more and more and give less and less. This year I happened to work for an arrogand bastard who I think is quite possibly the worst asshole in Santorini. He is so arrogant and selfish that he would be right at home in the Middle Ages owning slaves rather than the 21st century. He was so bad that in any other country he would have been charged with bullying but according to him he was just under pressure and I shouldn't have provoced him. He was so bad I actually considered working at a shoe store rather than continuing. Well anyway the past is the past and all I can say is never again.

I haven't been happy in Greece for quite some time. The situation was getting from bad to worse every year and my career was not going anywhere so I decided to move. England was the most logical solution for me. A) I didn't need a special work permit or visa to start working, B) I knew the language, C) It's not that far away (only three hours and easyjet has cheap tickets).

On 2010 I had met and became friends with Eirini, a waitress in another hotel I used to work with. We hit it of immediately and another major reason for deciding to emmigrate was that I wouldn't be alone. Well anyway here we are:

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

This is our second visit to London. We landed on the 23rd of November, 2011.
We found our first home (room in a flatshare) on the 28th of November, 2011
I started working on the 11th of December 2011.

It's as simple as that!

Well actually the last few months have been full of cultural shocks etc but I think that merit a whole new post.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Maria, thanks for sharing, would love to hear more! Kisses from Germany (left Greece for the same reasons!) XXX

    ReplyDelete