Thursday, May 17, 2007

I moved to Santorini

My posts about my adventures in the island will be posted in English because I want to share my news with my internet friends who are not all Greeks.

I have moved to Santorini at Friday 11/5/2007 and will stay there until 15/11/2007. I work as a receptionist in a hotel. Although I have worked as a receptionist before this is very different. It's a high profile hotel and there are a hundred things I have to remember. I hope I will get the hang of it soon.

The prices here are outrageous! One hour at an internet cafe costs 10 euros. These past few days I have been extremely busy. The hotel is very new this is the first season of operations, and although it opened it's doors on the 15th, there are still a million things left to do in order to make the rooms available, and no time to do them. All the managers/owners are running like crazy, there is a lot of aggravation and everyone is dog tired.

In the arrangement they agreed to provide food and boarding so at least I don't have to worry about that. I live with two other girls, one of them is a receptionist like me and the other one works in the kitchen. They seem nice but I don't really know them that well yet. Also we get to wear uniforms, white trousers (very unforgiving), white shirt and a light brown jacket. However the shirts haven’t arrived yet so we use our own clothes, and I had to buy shoes, white flats with no decorations. I did manage to find a suitable pair in Fira, so that’s one thing less to do on my checklist.

Among the many regulations is: no jewellery and very discreet make up. I always thought that my make up and jewellery were very discreet but I was wrong. I guess you are the last one to know these things.

I am using the computer at my work and my boss doesn't know it because she is not here yet. My internet time will be very limited from now on, but I will try to ad posts from time to time to tell how things are going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment